(Yes, I’m starting my blog with an insider joke for programmers. I don’t want there to be any misunderstanding about what you’re going to find here.)
Hello, and welcome to Feingarden’s official blog. I’ve been told by several people (who will remain nameless to protect the guilty) that I should write more often, and lately I’ve been on a bit of a roll with getting positive feedback on Facebook posts, so it seems like the time is ripe to expand on that run. Here is what you can expect to find here in the future.
- A passionate dedication to making you laugh or smile, often at the expense of accuracy, tact, and good taste.
- Occasional content suitable for adults only. If you’re a kid, either don’t read this blog or be prepared to watch your parent’s face turn red when you ask them the meaning of something you read here but don’t understand. And for heaven’s sake, don’t tell them where you heard it. If you’re my mother, I’ll just apologize now for … well, everything I write in the future and get that out of the way right now.
- At least one post a week on subjects ranging from nerd toys to geopolitics with stops at sports, culture, technology, games, and random events in what I consider to be real life.
- Zero posts telling you how you should think on any of the above items.
- Many posts requiring that you DO think about the above items.
- Many opportunities to provide feedback and air your own opinions. The recent election taught me that my fact-finding efforts amid the ocean of BS were woefully inadequate so I’m always looking for more information on which to base my opinions. Especially information that contradicts my beliefs.
That’s pretty much it. Really, it’s just a place that I can post things that are too long for Facebook.
I do have one request. Please provide feedback. Take the time to post comments. I’d really like this space to be more than just me talking to an empty room and listening to crickets.
Thanks, and welcome to … whatever the hell this is.